Mosquito Legs - Essentials
Our Mosquito Legs Essentials come with the same protective features of our other garments. Each is made of no-seeum mesh and comes with our safety ribbon down the side seam. Our ribbon is 100% polyester, 7/8" wide with a 1/4" strip of 3M reflective material down the center. Each is fully adjustable at the groin and ankle with a flat braided elastic cord to tie creating the desired fit. The elastic casings are self-casings of no-seeum mesh. Each garment has a plastic KAM clip to secure to your child's shorts.
• Durable, Breathable, Lightweight 100% Polyester No-seeum Mesh
• Adjustable at groin & ankle with braided elastic - simply tie elastic for desired fit
• Self-casings of No-seeum mesh at groin & ankle – garment intended to be worn over shorts & socks
• Will never slip down thanks to KAM clip at upper casing for clipping to shorts
• Light-reflective safety ribbon down outer side seam for added visibility with ¼” 3M light-reflective material
• Offers the “Essentials” without compromising protection and safety provided with all of our Mosquito Legs garments
FAQ'S & HELPFUL HINTS
1. Are Mosquito Legs and Shirts washable?
Yes. Hand washing in cold water is recommended, however, I have put my own children's garments in the regular warm cycle wash with jeans and they hold up beautifully. No stretching or tearing. Hand washing will keep the mesh smooth. It can also be ironed on the polyester or medium heat setting. **For Mosquito Legs with LEDs, the lights slide easily in and out of the channel down the side seam and must be removed before washing.**
2. How durable is the no-see-um mesh?
You can try to rip this fabric by hand and it is impossible. These garments are meant to last as long as your child can possibly fit into the size you select. Adult garments will hold up as well as any shirt you own. If your child is in briers or takes a tumble on their scooter, the fabric can get a tear or hole. For the unexpected, we include a 6" swatch of matching fabric free with every pair. A quick hand sew should handle any repair needed. A great option is a child safe fabric glue. Just make sure the glue is child safe and washable.
3. Where are Mosquito Legs and Mosquito Shirts sold?
Currently on line through this website only. This product is an invention of my own...an evolution of a crude mesh with some elastic I quickly made for my kids a couple summers ago.
4. Are these garments safe for children?
Yes! Mosquito Legs are 100% CPSC compliant with all federal guidelines. A Child Safety Certificate is available upon request.