Mosquito Legs - LEDs
We mix fun, function and safety into one great garment with a double strand of LED lights secured inside a mesh pocket down the outer side seams. Our LED lights are extremely high quality water resistant LED Shoelaces available in Blue or Jade. With three light-up modes in every lace, your child will love to run, play, ride bikes, hike, fish, and camp in their Mosquito Legs. Every garment has a super soft fabric casing and cord locks at the groin and ankle for comfort and ease of adjusting on the go. While they’re having fun wearing their lights, you’ll always know exactly where your child is during all activities dusk to dark on those late summer evenings outdoors. Grab extra shoelaces to change out colors in your Mosquito Legs or wear in tennis shoes for a super bright summer evening!
• Durable, Breathable, Lightweight 100% Polyester No-seeum Mesh
• Adjustable at groin & ankle with braided elastic and cord lock
• Soft fabric at groin & ankle for wearing against skin
• Comfortable worn over or under shorts
• Will never slip down thanks to KAM clip at upper casing for clipping to shorts
• LED lights on each outer leg side seam for added visibility - easily removed for washing garment.
• Each LED strand has 10 LED lights with 3 light-up modes (Solid, Rapid Flash, Slow Flash)
• Comes with 2 CR2032 Button Batteries per light strand. Lasts up to 30 hours in Rapid Flash
• Order additional lights to change out the color
FAQ'S & HELPFUL HINTS
1. Are Mosquito Legs and Shirts washable?
Yes. Hand washing in cold water is recommended, however, I have put my own children's garments in the regular warm cycle wash with jeans and they hold up beautifully. No stretching or tearing. Hand washing will keep the mesh smooth. It can also be ironed on the polyester or medium heat setting. **For Mosquito Legs with LEDs, the lights slide easily in and out of the channel down the side seam and must be removed before washing.**
2. How durable is the no-see-um mesh?
You can try to rip this fabric by hand and it is impossible. These garments are meant to last as long as your child can possibly fit into the size you select. Adult garments will hold up as well as any shirt you own. If your child is in briers or takes a tumble on their scooter, the fabric can get a tear or hole. For the unexpected, we include a 6" swatch of matching fabric free with every pair. A quick hand sew should handle any repair needed. A great option is a child safe fabric glue. Just make sure the glue is child safe and washable.
3. Where are Mosquito Legs and Mosquito Shirts sold?
Currently on line through this website only. This product is an invention of my own...an evolution of a crude mesh with some elastic I quickly made for my kids a couple summers ago.
4. Are these garments safe for children?
Yes! Mosquito Legs are 100% CPSC compliant with all federal guidelines. A Child Safety Certificate is available upon request.