Mosquito Legs - Reflective Reversible
Our Reflective Reversible Mosquito Legs offer fun style in conjunction with added visibility with the use of a decorative and a light reflective safety ribbon down each outer side seam. Our safety ribbon is 100% polyester 7/8" wide with a 1/4" strip of 3M reflective material down the center. These reversible garments can be worn with the decorative ribbon showing during the day, then reversed to display the reflective ribbon for dusk to dark playtime making your child more visible to flashlights and oncoming cars. Every garment has a soft fabric casing at the groin and ankle as well as cord locks for ease of adjustment. Whether camping, hiking, or going on the evening bike ride, you’ll feel better knowing your child is safer from not only mosquitoes and poison ivy, but also the risks that come with not being easily seen dusk to dark.
• Durable, Breathable, Lightweight 100% Polyester No-seeum Mesh
• Adjustable at groin & ankle with braided elastic and cord lock
• Soft fabric at groin & ankle for wearing against skin
• Comfortable worn over or under shorts
• Will never slip down thanks to KAM clip at upper casing for clipping to shorts
• Reversible - Wear decorative ribbon/camo side out or reverse to light-reflective safety ribbon down side seam with ¼” 3M light-reflective material
FAQ'S & HELPFUL HINTS
1. Are Mosquito Legs and Shirts washable?
Yes. Hand washing in cold water is recommended, however, I have put my own children's garments in the regular warm cycle wash with jeans and they hold up beautifully. No stretching or tearing. Hand washing will keep the mesh smooth. It can also be ironed on the polyester or medium heat setting. **For Mosquito Legs with LEDs, the lights slide easily in and out of the channel down the side seam and must be removed before washing.**
2. How durable is the no-see-um mesh?
You can try to rip this fabric by hand and it is impossible. These garments are meant to last as long as your child can possibly fit into the size you select. Adult garments will hold up as well as any shirt you own. If your child is in briers or takes a tumble on their scooter, the fabric can get a tear or hole. For the unexpected, we include a 6" swatch of matching fabric free with every pair. A quick hand sew should handle any repair needed. A great option is a child safe fabric glue. Just make sure the glue is child safe and washable.
3. Where are Mosquito Legs and Mosquito Shirts sold?
Currently on line through this website only. This product is an invention of my own...an evolution of a crude mesh with some elastic I quickly made for my kids a couple summers ago.
4. Are these garments safe for children?
Yes! Mosquito Legs are 100% CPSC compliant with all federal guidelines. A Child Safety Certificate is available upon request.